Tuesday, July 24, 2012

C-Anal Fest

Well, the craft show ended up being a flop.  My side of the tent only ended up selling just over $200, Lori's side was about $70.  I think the worst part of the show, and probably the reason we did not sell more, was the jerk next to our tent harassing the customers walking by.  He thought he was being funny trying to get people to come back to his tent to see what he had by saying "hey come back over here I want to sell you something" or "come on buy something and we will be friends" and "let me show you something".  I think most people walking by were offended by his sales tactics and were "running" to get away from him before he talked to them again.  There is nothing I could do about it, I even told him Sunday morning before the show started that he was harassing the customers in front of our booth and asked if he would stop.  He said he was sorry and that it is his sales pitch and that is the only way he can get people to buy his stuff.   WHAT??? Your craft (which he only had one item that he actually did make) should sell itself not harassing somebody to buy it from you.  Most of what he had in his tent was manufactured goods and his one "craft" was a redneck goblet made of a candle stick and a mason jar glued together.  How much time do those take to make?  30 seconds each?  Crafters spend most of their free time making their craft all year, and for somebody to sell manufactured goods at a "craft" show is just the meanist thing somebody can do toward another crafter.  YOU CAN BUY THAT STUFF IN A STORE!  If the customers avoided those booths in the first place, maybe those booths would go away for good from craft shows.  I really had very high expectations for sales at Canal Fest, guess I learned my lesson about that show to not do it again.  UGGH what a mess.
Until I do another craft show (this weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment