Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting ready for Canal Fest!

OK ITS THIS WEEK!  Getting a little excited, nervous, and thrilled (along with a few other emotions) for the craft show this weekend at Canal Fest.  The booth cost $175 but I am splitting it with another crafter that I graduated high school with.  I'm hoping our stuff complements each others and brings people into the booth to check it out.  This is probably the most highly attended show, as far as customers go to, that I am aware of.  I've made a few new items: key wristlets, baby bibs, aprons, & sundresses that I hope the customers will gobble right up.  I made a banner for the front of the booth and I'm thinking I should go get a few yards of cheap colored fabric for the corners just to make the booth pretty.  If I get the chance I will do just that just to make it a wee bit more whimsical..  

I'll have to scotchguard the tent too...last show the seams started leaking a little bit.  I'll set up the tent maybe tonight and hang up the banner to see how it looks (take a picture or two and post it) and spray the seams with the scotchguard.  I don't think it is going to rain this weekend (keeping fingers & toes crossed) but incase it does I'll feel safer knowing I sprayed!

I had to get somebody to split the show with me since my mom & sister were not able to man the tent with me this weekend.  My mom is on vacation in Delaware with my niece and her family, and my sister is working.  Next show on July 28th I am driving to my moms Friday after work, taking her and my sister to the craft show in Sparta NY on Saturday with our crafts and driving back after the show to moms house to spend the night.  I just have a small suv but lots of room when you lower a seat.  We are not taking that much crafts to this show - mostly just the old wooden signs we made a few years back.  I'm hoping to lower the prices way down and sell them all at this show since the show only cost $10 we should make more than our share of proceeds.  We should bring some other good sellers like the dammit dolls, halos, jewelery and baby bibs.  I'll see what I can stick in my car after the tent and bin of wood signs goes in.

Anyhow, till I craft again!

No comments:

Post a Comment