Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It's been a while

I've been out of blogging for so long I needed to change my password since I forgot the old one.  Lots of new activity in my crafting world to talk about.

First of all, I don't make the little dresses any more, hard sell at shows and online.  And talk about online - I have been doing great during the months leading up to the holidays.  Cozies, Camera Strap covers, and a few other things have been flying out the door.  This year I got my sister and my mother to help stockpile up a few cozies so I have some on hand to sell online, then I'm not sewing my whole November and December away.

Craft shows have been hit or miss (mostly miss) this year.  I did a new one this year since it was close to my sister's house and could make a weekend out of it, that ended up being very slow.  As it turned out, she had to go to Little Rock Arkansas since her father-in-law died that weekend and she wasn't even there.  I grabbed my mother from her house and took her with me so I wasn't doing the job alone.  We should have stayed home since I barely made my gas money to get there and back.  Last time I do a show without going to it first to check it out (how many times have I said that?).

The best shows profit wise that I did this year was Fall Festival in the City of Tonawanda.  For a $20 show I sold over $200.  Also Sweet Home High School fall show was $40 and I sold $220.  The last show I have this year is St Gregory the Great on black Friday & Saturday that costs me $110 but I do great there.  Just have to set up my space right to get the best sales.  Table runners sell good there.

I am working on small clutch purses for this holiday show that I can sell for $6 each,  My sister said to put on a strap but I really just want the purse to be a hand clutch.  If somebody wants a strap on it I will put one on, but I'm not putting a strap on every one.  I would charge $3 for each strap.  I may have some straps ready to sew onto the purses but then again I may not (lol).  I'm starting to use up my stockpile of fabrics for these clutches, that I have already made lots of stuff out of, so I'm not spending any more money making them.  I already have about 20 of them almost complete so if I make 50 and sell half I'll profit about $200+.

I am also going to start using up my scraps (I have about 40 lbs of scraps) making French Press Cozies.  They will wrap around the coffee maker to keep it hot while brewing the coffee.  I have lots of scraps and it will be very enjoyable getting rid of them.  I have scraps of insulbright too so these will be "free" supplies.  Every $ I make from these will be pure profit in my head.  Maybe I will make a couple baby quilts or table runners out of my scraps too.

"TTFN Ta-Ta for now" - quote from Tigger


No comments:

Post a Comment