Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Challenge Quilt week 3 - Patterns



Yippee, I finished my entry before the 11th hour this week. Im calling my quilt this week "Another Brick on my Wall" reference to Pink Floyd.  First off, my inspiration, the family room fireplace wall.





I went with a white on white style in fabrics.  I added hearts as the appliqué since it is near Valentines Day.

Picking fabrics and sewing my bricks together.





Now I had to decide on the appliqué and I was going to do a vine in the bricks but went with hearts kinda in a vine like pattern. 




Now I just have to wait for the batting to get delivered so I can finish the runner by the deadline. 

TTFN

2/2/17 Picked up the batting last night and made my quilt sandwich. Sewed around all my hearts and vines and I was going to keep going around and around but that took so long to manipulate it around in my machine that I just decided to stitch in the ditch to make the bricks stand out. Now if they have awards to strait stitching... I would have won them all. I just stitched up to my outline  stitching and I think it looks fabulous!!!





It is complete and ready to enter. Hope you vote for mine, I wanna win a prize!  Thank you Quilting Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I am hereby awarding you with the title "Queen of Straight Stitching" for the PQ season 8 time period. It comes with no special dispensations, but HUGE bragging rights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely and so perfect for February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! I love it and I love how you added the "heart vine" Great work!

    ReplyDelete