Friday, June 1, 2012

The night before a craft show

Just thinking I should post what I feel the night before a show. I never really sat down and thought about my feelings and worries prior to a show, just I keep thinking about "selling out" of everything and making money. For starters, I'm worried about the weather. It is supposed to be windy with rain and possible thunderstorms tomorrow...ugh. Luckily it is a two day show and my mom and I divided up the crafts so we don't have as much "hanging around" in full bins. We have a little bit of everything so we should have a full tent and enough room for my mom, my sister, and myself to be comfortable should it rain like hell on us. I'm also worried about not having any people show up to the show on Saturday. I would hate to do all the work of setting up the tent and not having any people to purchase any items. Taking all the time to make everything and pricing the items reasonably and not selling, really sucks. Now I am all packed up in my car and I start thinking about what I am forgetting. And now that we are taking less items and should the weather get better, should we take more??? Not that it is that stressful, I feel anxious. It's nice that my sister is driving up tonight, but I am hoping she has a nice drive up here with the weather not bright and sunny. Anyways she will be here shortly! When all is set and done, we will probably sell about $250-400 but I would love to see $500-700!!! If I remember to post after it is over I will. Oh yeah, I sell my stuff on etsy.com under coleeno if you care to shop, thanks in advance! Coleen

2 comments:

  1. So how did you guys end up doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather was OK by about 2pm on Saturday the sun was out, but it was still windy. By the end of the day there were 7 crafters still selling their stuff! We packed up hoping to return the next day but when we drove by in the morning there were only two crafters there and they looked like they were packing up too. We sold $170 despite the bad weather. We will probably be looking for a new craft show for that weekend since two years in a row it was washed out and the people won't come back to shop if there were no crafters there before. :-(

    ReplyDelete