Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting Ready for Canal Fest

So, now that the Etsy orders for the patriotic dress has subsided (I may have another order for two more dresses but she has not gotten back to me), I can now start working on stuff to sell at Canal Fest. 

I am making some fruit bibs for babies that are shaped like a strawberry, apple, pear, watermelon, blueberry, plum, peach, orange, and pumpkin, not to mention a leaf.  I know the leaf is not a fruit but it is really cute.  I would like to get 50 done for the show so I need about 37 more.  I sold 8 on Etsy and decided they would go good at a show.  I'm thinking $3.50 each or 3/$10.  I'm getting better at making them too so they don't take too long to get done.  I think the hardest part is making the bias tape for the edging because there is alot of ironing involved. 

I will probably finish up using the patriotic fabric I have and get a few more dresses done for the craft show.  I may as well use it up and display the dresses at Canal Fest.  People may remember them and take my card for an order for next year, an order on Etsy would be better so my shop is listed on the card. 

After Canal Fest is over I am going to start on a quilt.  I got a few patterns that I like printed out and I already have the fabric for it.  I just have to find the time and start quilting.  I'll make one for my bed, take photos of it and make a few quilt blocks so I can list a similar quilt on Etsy that I can make for people. 

I'm hoping that the online sales work out so I don't have to do but one or two craft shows each year.  I really hate dragging everything somewhere, setting up, and hoping the weather holds out for the customers to purchase my stuff!!!  But anyways, enough of my talking, gotta get back to work.

Until I craft again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment