Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sewing Sewing Sewing

I am having a ball sewing these pillow case dresses. Matching and contrasting colors, cutting them out, sewing together the pieces. Just having fun. I guess I starting out having fun last year when I was making all the aprons too so... These are going so fast. I worked on them yesterday for about 4.5 hours and cut out 8 dresses and partially sewed some of them together. Today at lunch for about 1hr I sewed the bias tape (which I made out of the contrasting fabric by the way) in the arm holes and stitched the slot for the tie closed. Did I mention I am not using ribbon like some people cheap out on when they make these dresses, I actually make the ribbon out of the contrasting fabric.

Funny thing about these, I just listed ricrac on etsy to get rid of what I had since I was not going to make aprons this year. I am using the ricrac now on these dresses, and I ordered 5 more spools of it. Get this, if I order a package of ricrac at Joann's for instance, they are $1.99 or more and only have 2.5 yards. When I order a spool of the 10mm ricrac, I get 25 yards for $2.25 and shipping is like $1.25/spool. I will never buy it in the individual packages again, what a waste of money. I'd rather sell the excess on etsy and make back all my money on the spool with sales of the excess. BTW, I have not sold anything yet there so...

I'll be stitching tonight after we go out for dinner. It is Wednesday and since it starts with a "W" we go out for dinner.

Until I stitch again...

No comments:

Post a Comment