Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stars & Stripes

Up and at it again! Washed & cut out 4 patriotic dresses last night for a hour or two last night during the hockey game. I got to sew the straps together, turned them and made all my folds with the iron too. This morning after I took my shower and got dressed for work, I sewed one of them together completely and put the strap in. I used a dark blue fabric with red & white stars for the main part of the dress, a red/white/blue striped fabric for the bottom strip, and a white fabric with red and blue polka dots for the strap and under arm binding. I put white ricrac on the area between the two fabrics on the body of the dress. It is just adorable. Of all the dresses I have made so far, this is the one I think will sell first. Luckily I am doing two craft shows before the 4th of July so they should sell. I’ll post a photo if I get a chance. I’ll have to get some more fabric since I have about a yard left of the dark blue fabric but not enough contrasting fabric to make another dress. So I got 4+ dresses out of $21 of fabric since it was all 50% off when I got it. My luck it will all be gone when I get there tonight. I’ll see what other cute fabrics are there too when I go.

Until I craft again!

No comments:

Post a Comment